www.TheTestOfTimeWeddings.com

Sunday, August 23, 2009

California Theatre


This gorgeous historical theatre in downtown San Jose is absolutely stunning. I went there this evening to see Lawrence of Arabia. Unfortunately, my fiance, Brook, was working so I had to go alone. Mainly it was to just to see the theatre but I had never seen Lawrence of Arabia so I figured, "what the heck!" That movie is really long!

The California is now mainly used for the San Jose Opera, Ballet, and Symphony though this was the last weekend for their summer movie series.

They do host weddings within the theatre and their multi-layered lobby is a gorgeous setting for your reception. It was built in 1927 and is beautifully restored as accurately as possible to its formor glory with a few modern changes. To view the history of this beautiful, historic gem, visit http://www.shomler.com/calsj/info.htm





No comments:

Post a Comment